3F (Family, friends and fools)
The “3F” investment refers to “family, friends and fools”, i.e. the persons in the close circle of the founding partners who decided to make small-large contributions to the Limnopharma project.
Our 3Fs have provided us with an initial springboard to take our first steps as a company. On our webpage, we would once again like to say – thank you!
Even before the incorporation of the company, Limnopharma’s team decided to ally with experienced collaborators in the sector and thus have access to specialized advice in the different stages of its project.
For this reason, since November 2018 we have worked closely with Genesis Biomed, a consulting firm with experience in spin-offs and start-ups in the biohealth field.
Genesis Biomed, through its Genesis Ventures fund, has also become our most important investor, supporting the initial phase of our project and thus contributing decisively to the progress of Limnopharma. Thanks to Genesis Biomed’s contribution, Limnopharma has been able to finance the maintenance of patents in countries such as the US, Japan, and up to 38 countries in Europe, including all EU Member States.
Limnopharma offers the following main competitive advantages:
- New technology patent protected by the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) and the Progreso y Salud Public Foundation (FPS) under an exclusive and worldwide license for Limnopharma.
- Freedom to operate in relation to existing related medications.
- Proven efficacy in the treatment of Retinitis Pigmentosa and Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration in animal models.
- Treatments based on small molecules obtained from natural products, in contrast to existing treatments or many of those that are currently in clinical phases, mainly biological molecules or treatments based on gene therapy.
- Simple, low-cost manufacturing molecules.
- Possibility of topical administration in eye drop or ointment form and therefore viable long-term treatments due to non-aggressive administration (in contrast to current intravitreal or subretinal injections).
- RP is a rare disease, meaning that this treatment expedites applications and regulatory permits with the agencies responsible for approving so-called “orphan drugs”.
- The team: a remarkable balance has been achieved in the composition of the team: all the members have an important scientific base coupled with experience in other fields. The people who promoted the project and in whose laboratories it was developed are founding partners and scientific advisors. One member of the team also has proven prior experience as an entrepreneur and another has experience in R&D in the public and private sectors, scientific communication and project management.